The sturdy Valmara benefits from designer Les George’s 22 years as a custom knifemaker, his US Marine background, and his solid understanding of how tools are used in the real world. Even better? Les named it for an Italian bounding fragmentation landmine. The drop-point blade has a slight recurve for excellent slicing and multi-tasking capabilities. A top swedge thins the blade at the point, improving piercing. 8Cr13MoV blade steel ensures this blade takes and holds its sharp edge. The stonewashed finish looks good, hides scratches.
You’ll get a good hold on the handle thanks to its full contouring and heavy “S” surface texture. The knife is fast and easy to open with SpeedSafe assisted opening and the built-in flipper. Boom; and the Valmara is ready to rock. A sturdy liner lock secures the blade while you’re working.
The Valmara is also equipped with a pre-drilled lanyard hole and a left/right reversible pocketclip. You will appreciate how this solid, larger knife feels in your hand and how it takes on just about any task you’ve got in mind.
- SpeedSafe® assisted opening with flipper
- Liner lock
- Reversible pocketclip (left/right, tip-down)
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, stonewashed finish
- Handle: Glass-filled nylon
- Blade length: 3.1 in. (7.9 cm)
- Closed length: 4.1 in. (10.4 cm)
- Open length: 7.1 in. (18.1 cm)
- Weight: 3.8 oz. (107.7 g)