Like its brother the Viking, the Saga Siglar is a replication of a historical Viking utility knife from the ninth century. In 1983, Norwegian explorer Ragnar Thorseth approached Helle to create a knife that would help raise funds to finance a trip around the world in a hand-built replica of a 1000-year-old wooden Viking long ship. Helle was tasked with re-creating a Viking age belt knife that would match the craftsmanship and historical significance of the ship.
- Overall Length: 7.67" (195mm)
- Blade Length: 3.46" (88mm)
- Blade Thickness: .145" (4mm)
- Blade Steel: Laminated Stainless Steel
- Handle Material: Curly Birch
- Weight: 3.42oz
- Country of Origin: Norway